Sign in to follow this  

Couple of issues, need some help

I have an 04 E model and have a full Yosh stainless comp system exhaust. I have a slight air leak between the header and muffler pipe. What is the best way to seal this up? I have heard of using header tape, anyone have recommendations on this?

The second issue is a slight coolant leak from behind the water pump cover (where it meets the case). I have heard about the seal going bad, even on newer bikes. I posted a question about this a few months ago, but my computer went down and I never got to check your responses. I am curious as to what's going on here. I don't think its an issue of overheating, the leak is from behind the cover and its loosing about few drips even while at speed. Any advice here is definitely appreciated. Thanks!

To seal the head pipe use hi temp silcone, make sure the matting surfaces are well cleaned and scuffed a little...this will help the silcone stick better.

As for the water pump leaking, I am one for fixing things one time, I would replace both seals, bearing, shaft and gaskit.

To seal the head pipe use hi temp silcone, make sure the matting surfaces are well cleaned and scuffed a little...this will help the silcone stick better.

As for the water pump leaking, I am one for fixing things one time, I would replace both seals, bearing, shaft and gaskit.

replacing everything wont do you any good unless you put rtv behind the rubber disk that the impeller sits on.. the seal that contains the ceramic white disk, just a little drop. :cry: