Sign in to follow this  

Hi, y'all...

New user here, so forgive any errors, please. I need your help. I'm ready to buy a bike...but I'm stuck. I really want the '05 450, but I have received mixed signals regarding the reliability of previous years' models. Guys...I'm a DIE-HARD Honda man; heck, I still ride my trusty ol' 350x 3-wheeler. I don't WANT to go 'blue' for my new thump, but I will if I can't rely on Big Red. For background, I ride desert, with a hint of Glamis and Dumont thrown in for good measure. I'm no pro - no racer of ANY kind, for that matter. SHOULD I BUY THE HONDA, or debase and degrade myself and get a YamaDog? Thanks for any assistance you can render...

Thanks, ThrottleJockey, for the quick reply. I think I take your meaning. I don't think I could move away from The Wing if I tried, but it's scary to hear that the best motorcycle company in the world - one known for quality and reliability - is having issues with its flagship. I'm a play rider, but that doesn't mean I can afford to spend money foolishly on an inferior product. I don't mean to imply that Hondas are inferior, but the trouble reports are worrisome. Anyway, thank you for your input. If anyone else has a different thought, please let me know. Thanks again, TJ. :cry: