Sign in to follow this  

overflow tank

hey TT. been thinkin of buying a hydration pack. Where i ride gets damn hot and i wear body armour. Whats the go with the backpack, wear it under or over my armour? i don't like the idea of wearing anything else around my chest cause its restrictive enough with armour.

I see some of you guys take the overflow tank of yr bikes, i wanna keep mine there but can someone tell me is it possible to run the over flow tank hoses into a smaller bottle and fill the overflow tank with water for drinking?

The coolant in that bottle is poisonous, I wouldn't recommend drinking from it.

I ride ATV'S & my WR in the summer and use an insulated back pac hyration system called a Camel Pac, it is easy to use and holds about 3 liters, it also holds munchies and some spare clothes, looks like a regular pac, I use it in the winter on my snowmachine too, the insulation keeps the water from freezing. If you want to carry extra water, I'd mount a seperate canteen or something, maybe under the front light?

or on top of the rear fender?

I have a 1.5l waist hydration pack. I bought this first because I did not want the extra weight and bulk on my back. Works pretty well once you snug up all the straps. Since it's kinda hot here in the AZ summer, I've also been running a 1.5l back pack too over my Fox Roost 3. A bit of pressure on my back but not too bad. You can buy all sizes and combos of hydration bags and packs.

Jay