North or West GA Dual Sport riders?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey this is just a thought there Flux, but I kinda got a itch to invade Daytona beach during Biketoberfest next month. My boss is going down on a wednsday but he owns a company so he can afford it. I was think about leaving out Friday morning or so. I wonder if we can get any dualsporters to help invade the and partake in some of the fun that the HOGS have? I am going to post it and see if I can get a response. By the way, no trailering! ?

Seafox, what's going on man? We definetly should plan on going for a ride soon. You have myself, flux once he gets straightened out with the DMV, you and there is a coworker of mine who has a KLR. Surely we could find something to get into ?. As far as the trip to Florida, it is just a idea right now. The rooms will be sky high and probably already booked but we will see. Do you think you may be interested in a trip to T.W.O. the second weekend in Oct. You can check it out on advrider.com under the upcoming events forum (rebel yell). I have never been myself but apparently a bunch from that site are converging at T.W.O. which by the way stands for Two Wheels Only, and camping out that weekend and doing some riding. I am for sure doing that if you are interested. It is in Suches Ga. ?, if you know where that is?

Dudes, Florida sounds like good times but I won't be able to make that run. Work is a little backed up b/c of those damned hurricanes! BUT, that TWO ride is becoming a possibility. Seafox, you are completely right about it being right smack dab in the middle of some good riding. I live about 15 minutes south of Dahlonega and have been exploring the Chattahoochee Nat'l Forest and the fire roads alot! I know a lot of cool places I can't wait to show you guys. Y'all up for camping right? I've got a great map that shows all the fire roads and 'tourist spots' to boot. ?

Im up for a camping-ride, where did you have in mind. T.W.O has what seems to be a good set-up and a central location. Its going to be a couple weeks before I can get away for a whole weekend. Should be some nice fall colors by then also. Hey flux can you ride during the week?

Someone say camping? I just took my sleeping pad,pack and sleeping bag out of my Cruiser today and was thinking man it sure would be nice to hit the woods. My wife and I are expecting in April so I need to get it while the gettins good. By the way, my wife and I were talking earlier about looking to buy a house which will be our first and I was wondering, how long does it normally take for all the legalities of buying a house take? Oh yeah, I got the go ahead from the Lady of the house that I can do the weekend thing at T.W.O. the weekend of October 8-10 if you guys want to meet up and ride in together?

By the way, my wife and I were talking earlier about looking to buy a house which will be our first and I was wondering, how long does it normally take for all the legalities of buying a house take?

Hey pal. We just bought our first house and moved in w'in a month or so. I think it's possible to do it sooner, we just had to go through some crap with our apartment complex first. Here's some food for thought: My girlfriend is a real estate agent and I am sure she'd love to help y'all with anything you need. Give me a shout and I'll hook her up with you if ya want.

Hey flux can you ride during the week?

I can surely ride during the week. Unfortunately, not til after 5 pm when I USUALLY get outta work. I manage a lawn care business and my hours are iffy at best. I plan on using my KLX as a daily commuter after the DMV gets my MSO in so I can leave directly from there (Cumming).

Guys, TWO sounds like fun as far as a good central easy to find place. I've found some good fire roads along that thar area that have some really interesting stuff. "Swinging Bridge" is kinda cool. "High Shoals Falls" is awesome and a great place to camp. "Mulky" campground is close to TWO, an advantage IMHO is that there aren't a ton of other people around so you can pretty much do what you want (my cooler will have some BEER). Lots of other places too. I'm up for anything!

Hey all! Been snoopin' around on this forum for a while and saw these posts talking about the TWO area. This area has a lot of fire roads and plenty of good camping (as Flux mentioned earlier). You can definately spend an entire weekend and hardly ever hit pavement!!

I don't have a dual sport yet (my buddies and I adventure around in jeeps up in that area a lot). Once I get my bike (I plan on getting it in jan or first part of feb), I would like to meet up with some of you guys for some camping and riding.

Later!