Sign in to follow this  

New TTR230

Well I was cruising Yamaha's site and I see the all new TTR230. Could it be that they finally made over the 225? :cry: They did and it looks nice. It is still about 4 lbs heavier than the CRF230, but it is definitly going to give Honda some competition. The bike has the YZ style tank, seat and shouds. It's a nice looking bike. :cry: That TTR225 was much overdue for a make over. It's about time Yamaha. :cry:

Yeah, it looks like its going to be a good contender especially since its a little less expesive. I can't wait to sit on one when they come out! I was considering waiting for one but talked myself out of it since its a first year run. I'm glad I got the KX100, though! :cry:

Yeah, I wouldn't give up my KX100 for it either. :cry: But at least it gives us shorter people more options.

I saw one at a motorcycle expo we had here. They were a nice looking bike (for a yamaha!). Wasnt allowed to sit on it but it had a low seat height. Just seemed to be a scaled down version of the ttr250

Well... I have never ridden one, but the TTR 225 was supposed to be a dog. However, my wife's CRF230 is a really cool and surprisingly agile little bike. I rode it all day yesterday and had a ball. The TTR 230 has some stiff compitition.

Jimbo