Sign in to follow this  

exhausted by exhaust

Has anyone else had any problems snapping the inside core of the KX250f's exhaust in 2 pieces? I've done it twice. the first time i thought it was my fault for not repacking it fast enough,but then i got a "brand new" one off ebay for a good price and snapped that one in the exact same place on my second ride.Anyway just curious,I've got a new "yosh" on the way!!Any info on the new pipe I'd like to here. Thanks

Are you sure that the canister is fully packed with no gaps? Is it screwed on securely to the subframe? You have vibration somewhere which is what is causing it to snap. Unless the yosh is mounted properly the same thing will happen.

I have heard about this happening alot and have even seen one that was shattered. I've been told to weld a support inside the silencer and it shouldnt happen again. If you havent already, go out in the garage and check yours.

It won't go away, the canister is mounted solid to the subframe and the frame, the force from the motor itself and the vibration from the solid mounted exaust sytem is your culprit, A yosh slip on or any silencer with a band type mount will solve your problem. Have had plenty of them do this. none of our acros or yosh silencers do this.

Mine broke the same way and so did two friends with RMZ/KXF all in the same place.

He has excess vibration for whatever reason. If he can find the vibration then he will solve the prolbem (it won't be easy though) the quick/easy fix is to buy another pipe.