Sign in to follow this  

My very first crash!

I've been on sportsbikes for seven years so riding off road is something new. I've never had an off on the racetrack or road before and you don't really want to as it hurts a lot. Hence falling off is a new experience for me.

I just binned the DRZ on a flat, open track (I swear you could drive the family car up there) by gunning the throttle through a wide, deep puddle floored with peaty mud. The rear came round on me and highsided me into the bushes.

Is this a deathwing story to add to the collection because I was amazed at how fast it flipped out?

Those tyres are coming off this week anyway and MT21s going on instead!

Ian

CONGRATULATIONS! WELCOME TO THE CLUB! It hurts, doesn't it? Whoever knew that getting hurt could be such fun? I've still got the deathwings on mine, but they will be the first change I make when I get a little extra cash! I've heard too many stories!

That sucks! I too wrecked my drz last week on the street comming home from work. About the time I should have been putting the front end down on the ground to prepare for a corner, I put the license plate & tailight on the ground. Then I followed slidding on my :cry: and back at 40+ mph. Thankfully I had a leather jacket. My girlfriend really likes bandaging me and reminding herself not to fell sorry for me ,because "I'am an idiot!" :cry: what is her point? I have since lofted some wheelies but no 12:00 oclockers. :cry: Just when you think your good, you fall, and are reminded that your DRZ is tougher than you. :cry:We are ALIVE!! :cry: :cry: :lol:

Well congrats on your initiation...

The very first time I took my S off road on some trails when I first got it I ended up falling over just turning around because those damn tires and the front totally washed on me. It was still pretty much 100% stock so 300+lbs was a problem too. I only weighed in at 140 lbs at the time (pretty scrawny), I was on an incline and I had a back injury which prevented me from being able to lift it up on my own.

I had to wait for someone to come help me. :cry:

Now she has DOT legal MT21 front and D606 rear and weighs in a hellofalot less than she used to. I am a bit bigger and stronger so the whole weight thing is no longer an issue either. :cry:

I have learned how to harness the beast and prevent crashes as well. Its called throttle and you can almost never have enough. I swear that bike can go over the roughest terrain without flinching you just have to hold on for dear life and floor it. :cry: :cry: :lol::cry:

Sheeesh, I can't even remember my first crash :cry:

Come to think about it, I can't seem to remember my last crash either :cry:

Only because there are so many every ride they all blend together in my mind :cry: