Sign in to follow this  

Thinking of joining team Green

I am in the market for a Dual Sport and leaning toward the KLR650 over the DR650 due to its long distance comfort. I owned a DR in the past and loved the way it hooked up on the street. I ride with a couple of Sport Bike buddies and had no problem keeping up on the twisties can I expect the same from the KLR ? How does it compare in off the line acceleration? I do understand it’s not a Sport Bike but can a guy have a bit of fun it when the luggage in the garage?

Thanks for the picks. It looks like the suspension is really compressed in that one pic. From what I have read I can expect 50k+ with out problems, be able to cruze at 80 all day and if the pavement ends its rider be ware. Anything I really need to know?

I love going around a gsxr with a squid on it on a big cloverleaf when my juevos are feeling large. Done it. And it went across the Sierra Madre Mountains thru mud, snow, rivers like a champ. Kinda a dog, but it will corner hard and will keep on tickin for a long time. Just get the rossler springs in front and a fork brace. The front end is a little jiggy when stock.

I havent fired up my beemer since I got the Killer.

'03 KLR 650 17k mi

'91 K100RS 50k mi

:cry:

Hey Fellas,

Im the guy in the pic riding the "Keller" posted above.

Im a KLr Guru these days, so if you have any questions I will be gald to help you. For an even cooler pic of the KLR in full urban assault mode, go to this site... Killboy professional photography , Click on "previously on killboy" untill you find the thursday sept. 9 page. Shows My klr with a shower of sparks coming off the footpeg...

As far as the big single CYL. Dual-sports go, The KLR is the only bike to have. (it's the only bike to have period if you can own just one!!!) Im a 230 lb. lad, but me and my KLR eat dr650's and the likes. In fact, I just ran with a brand new 240 lb. Yam WR450F titanium 5 valve tuned with pipe, jets, and filter. We were about dead even, and I was running my big 16 tooth economy/interstate front sprocket. Had I been running the stock lower gearing... Hmmmm....

Also you can keep an eye on EastTennessee Riders.com under the "Appalachian Street and Trail riders club" forum. Im getting ready to do a write up of a trip I just got back from today. Did 1926 miles on my ol' KLR this past week. Great site you guys got here, thanks to "theroyz71" for putting me on it.

Tres

30,000 miles on my KLR in the last 1.5 year