Sign in to follow this  

Gorman 9/25/04 Morning ride.

I'm thinking about sticking around until Saturday and riding the trails out at Gorman.Anyone interested in riding for the morning?

I want to pack up and head home around 1 or 2pm.

Or i'll take any suggestions on where to camp and stage from to hit the best trails. :cry:

or make it a 3 dayer :cry:

The CORVA Southern Jamboree is set for September 25-26, 2004. It is held each year at the Hungry Valley SVRA in the Quail Canyon Special Use Area. This area is perfect for our CORVA get-together since it is secluded from the rest of the park, but still accessible to the park via the trail system.

The camping area is dry camping with a nearby mess hall building which contains clean restrooms and running water.

Please note we have a food vendor available throughout the day with hot dogs, hamburgers, snow cones, cold drinks and snacks. On Saturday evening. This will be followed by our fun and entertaining awards ceremony and prize giveaway. We have 120 trophies! As usual the off-road industry has supplied many nice prizes!

We need clubs and individuals to donate their time by hosting an event. To volunteer, contact Jim Arbogast at 1-800-42-CORVA ext. 502 or email at jim@corva.org

This is a fundraiser for CORVA, so bring your friends and help CORVA raise funds for our land use projects while having fun, too!

See you there!

SOUTHERN JAMBOREE SCHEDULE

Saturday 9/25/04

Fun and Games: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

You need to check in Saturday 9/25 and sign a waiver and register, etc.

Award Ceremony and Prize Drawing: 7:00 pm to?

Sunday 9/26/04

Family Poker Run!: 9:00 am to noon

(spark arrestor required!)

EVENT FEES:

Family Weekend Camping- $20

Rider/Driver Registration- $5

Saturday Event Tickets- $1

Sunday Poker Run hands- $3

DIRECTIONS:

From L.A.-

Take I-5 north (past Magic Mountain Amusement Park and Pyramid Lake) to the Quail Lake Road exit near Gorman. At the stop sign, turn left under the freeway. Turn left again and follow the road to the Quail Canyon entrance.

From Bakersfield-

Take I-5 south. Go past Gorman to the Quail Lake Road exit. At the stop sign, turn right and then left and follow the road into Quail Canyon.