Sign in to follow this  

Anyone ever supermoto a DR350?

I just picked up a clean '91 to mess with... anyone ever done a supermoto set up with it? Nothing serious, just for a fun bike. Any pics? Thanks... :cry:

I didn't have 17" wheels on them, But I had a 1993 and then a 1996...loved them..but they were down on the power end for keeping up with the buds on their 600s...Now on the 2000 DRZ that I rode with them a couple of times, I lead most of the time...well, at least when the curves came into play. That was cooool too. For as much as the wheels cost...you may want to go ahead and get one with more umph.

Good luck, Mitch :cry:

Yeah, I did my 97'DR350SE, even raced it.

It was a lot of fun on the street and a great commuter.

Kinda buzzy at highway speeds, but what do ya want right?

I found it down on power and high on weight for racing...but it was PERFECT for getting into racing.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly.

Or check out http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/ibf/index.php for info. The guy that bought my DR supermoto wheel set is over there, with pictures of his bike...heck there might even be pics of my old bike there, too :cry:

If you really want to race...run it in Sportsman and light weight (aircooled 350cc should qualify for lightweight)

If you want to do a full on supermoto...I might suggest saving your money and get a current watercooled 4stroker...

• Like 1

Yeah, I did my 97'DR350SE, even raced it.

It was a lot of fun on the street and a great commuter.

Kinda buzzy at highway speeds, but what do ya want right?

I found it down on power and high on weight for racing...but it was PERFECT for getting into racing.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly.

Or check out http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/ibf/index.php for info. The guy that bought my DR supermoto wheel set is over there, with pictures of his bike...heck there might even be pics of my old bike there, too :cry:

If you really want to race...run it in Sportsman and light weight (aircooled 350cc should qualify for lightweight)

If you want to do a full on supermoto...I might suggest saving your money and get a current watercooled 4stroker...

would you mind messaging me ? Merwine126@aim.com

Greetings! Here is mine:

newmotoseat02.jpg

newmotoseat03.jpg

It is a '97 SE with stock hubs laced to Warp9 17" rims and a few other mods here and there. Super-fun bike! I have just gotten back into riding after a twenty-year hiatus and I am having a riduculous amount of fun!