Sign in to follow this  

Spark plug Question from a newbie...

I'm completely new at this stuff so I'm really showing my ingorance here but I was wondering how big of a difference an NGK BR9EVX vs an NGK BR8ES is. My owner's manual calls for the former and someone gave me the latter so I'm wondering if its completely way out of line to use, or if I could get away with using it.

Since I'm just starting out, the recommendation was to use a hotter plug to lessen the chance of fouling it.

ok...first of all, just so you know, the lower the number, the hotter the plug is...so the 8 would run hotter than the 9...also, I dont remember the difference between the EVX and ES plugs, but I think the EVX is a little better, u could prollu find out at the NGK website. Also, running a hotter plug will lessen the chances of it fouling, but the only sure way to not foul a plug is to jet ur carb correctly...Overall, I think you should do OK with the 8, but why dont you just go get a 9? It should be less than $10....hope this helps

Ok, thanks for the # info.

Yeah, I'm not worried about going and getting a new one but someone sent me the BR8 one so I figured I'd try to at least get some use out of it instead of letting it sit around.

What bike is it going in? That should work good in most 2-smokes, wouldn't even fit my 4-stroke....