Sign in to follow this  

New look for the XR?

I love my XR, but it really isnt the prettiest bike out there.

Any way to get plastics more like a CRF230, which has the fake radiator shrouds? A more streamlined look would be cool. Kinda like the A-Loop kit, but cheaper.

Thanks

Yeah, but its $500 bucks.

I really would like to be able to sit forward more, but I'm not so sure about 1 inch higher. Any other ideas?

You might be able to source some stuff from the Japanese market. A cool dealer might help you, if one exists nearby. Honda updated the XR250 but it didnt come here. The new model has same everything except it has radiator shrouds built into the same style and sized tank. Also it has upside down forks and electric start. Although the electric start may only be on the street version. The rear fender goes straight back like a motocross fender. These parts might be available from the European market as well.

Whoa. I never knew that. Any place where I can get more info? Ordering anything from my dealer is a big no no, as it'll cost me a fortune.

Thanks

Mini review of the XR250 Baja:

xr_baja_index_main.jpg

Handling - slow due to the massive, heavy headlights.

Jumps - impossible, unless you like landing on your headlights.

Reliability - fine, until you turn on the headlights which drain all electrical power and stall the engine.

Overall - Headlights Rock!

Larry

They are really cool looking. Saw quite a few while I was in Japan. I have pics of them but I can't seem to be able to post them up. :cry: Check out www.supermotojunkie.com in the manufactures section.

Right now I am waiting on a price for the tank/shrouds from that model. Sounds like it pretty expensive but hopefully not as much as the A-Loop.

It is also availible on the Brazilian model XR250L Tornado

The farthest I got with tracking down a supplier for the parts was a Florida shipper that deals with Japanese Bike parts. He needed P/N's before he could do anything which I have no contacts to obtain them. I even sent faxes to Honda of Japan and America trying to get anything out of them; no replies…imagine that. Keep us posted on your quest. Thanks, Weimer

One other option is to try Australia. You can buy the XR250L that is restyled in Australia, so try calling a good dealer there. You can even call New Zealand, and i think the exchange rate is even more favorable there.

If I remeber correctly, the bikes are also available in Europe. I would try tracking the parts down that way, but at least they speak English in Australia. It is a long story, but I tried to order some white Yamaha YZ plastic from Europe and the language barrier turned the whole thing into a giant fiasco.

You should see some of the awesome bike avalable to the Europeans, though...the Yamaha TT600 is awesome and you should check out the new Honda FMX650 Super Motard!