Sign in to follow this  

2000 XR250 Fork oil level and torque specs

(Also posted in Suspension)

I am installing new oil seals and fork oil on a 2000 XR250R. I need to know the standard fork oil level and the torque specs for the base valve and caps so I can put them back together. Thanks for any help :cry:

Stop where you are with the fork dissassembly and get a manual. I suggest you get both the Honda Factory Service manual and a clymer or haynes. The honda manual will have all the right specs and part #'s, while the haynes will have all the steps and with the steps explained much easier. :cry:

Don't get the haynes/clymer if you know what you're doing to begin with, or if you're very mechanically inclined. I preferre the haynes/clymer though if you need a better explanation of what to do. :cry:

Thanks for your responce, however I can handle this job without the manuals. I just need someone to be a pal and lookup the numbers for me, as I can't get to this info without a service manual. This if for an injured friend, so he can SELL his bike and help pay the doc bills. :cry:

My guesses are 40 ft lbs for base valve, 20 ft lbs for caps and oil 100 mm below the top. Anyone with a manual? :cry: