Sign in to follow this  

My FOX pants stink!

I have two pairs of the higher end Fox pants (Technique & Vented 360s). They're built great and fit great, but the rubber patches on them smell worse than most of the cadavers I've wroked on in the past. Anybody else have this problem or do I have some mutant toxin coursing through my skin that's reacting with them. By the way, the wife washes them and air dries them usually the same day I ride (it's good to be the king :cry:), so it's not like they lay around for a week getting funky.

You must smell funky.

Or, use different soap.

Simple green is good for one thing: Making my boots smell good. Probably works on the rubber too.

Mine did for a month then went away. Istill use my Fox pants 2.5 years after buying them. they are my backup pants but they last 4EVER!!! thumbs up for Fox on durability, thumbs down for smell? :cry:

Ahhh...the voice of reason in a sea of doubters! They're both pretty new....I'll run them through the wash a few more times and see if I can de-funk them! Thanks for the confirmation bro! :cry:

smells more like the undead than fish bro :cry:

they smell like the undead.... so they smell like a living human.so they must smell good not bad.. MMMMM if it smells like my GF ill have to pick up a pair for myself :cry:

If she smells like my pants, you better check for a pulse and make sure she has a reflection in the mirror. :cry:

If she smells like my pants, you better check for a pulse and make sure she has a reflection in the mirror. :cry:

:cry: uh oh.... i knew something was wrong with her :cry:

Coming from a guy just out of college , Febreze works awesome! :cry:

eeeeewwwwwww :cry: gross!

Coming from a guy just out of college , Febreze works awesome! :cry:

:cry: Trust me its for the RA more than the cabbage head roomate.

eeeeewwwwwww :cry: gross!

Don't sweat it... you're not alone. Whenever I clear a big obstacle (or nearly miss it for that matter), my pants stink too.

Don't sweat it... you're not alone. Whenever I clear a big obstacle (or nearly miss it for that matter), my pants stink too.

:applause::ride:

My wiife uses a combination of Simple Green and OXYCLEAN.

She sprays simple green on the rough spots than adds half a cup of oxyclean with regular generic laundry soap.

She will soak things overnight if it was a bad mud race.

IT WORKS!

Our gear (mostly FOX) always looks stellar.

Wash your pants with the rubber out instead of inside-out. Ensure that you are using hot water on the wash and at least warm water on the rinse. Mix one measuring spoon full of OXYCLEAN with your soap. After they finish washing, take them out and let them air dry outside in the sun (if above freezing).

Let us know if this works for you ...

TOG