Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400E PART OUT?

Read the post 9/16/04 concerning parting out. I am still debating part out or repair of 2000e with trans failure. I did not get all the average prices for pieces anyone wish to fill in the blanks?

rims 500-600?

fcr 350?

stock exhaust

rear shock

forks?

engine whole?

or head separate with new valves (2k)

cylinder

trans(junk?)

frame CA plate & pink slip good -8/05

Thanks

Hey bud I'm needing a trip Odometer and the RH side plate ...(the whole plate not just the clutch cover... case savers dont cover everything... heheh).. also would be interested in your radiators, covers and shrouds...) thanks

PM me if interested anyone else if they have any of this

Thanks for the interest. I am still sitting on the fence about parting out when I get a rough average on the big ticket items and it if it meets x amout I will decide within the next 3 or 4 days. I don't think I could charge anyone for the stock odometer.....trail tech's too cheap....

Sorry forgot the radiators are perfect with Devol guards. I would just throw in the odo. Just got to crunch the numbers for a couple of days.....

Read the post 9/16/04 concerning parting out. I am still debating part out or repair of 2000e with trans failure. I did not get all the average prices for pieces anyone wish to fill in the blanks?

rims 500-600? yes,complete with rotors.

fcr 350? yes,thats about right.

stock exhaust $50-100

rear shock $200

forks $300

engine whole with bad trans?$500 tops.

or head separate with new valves (2k) $200 or so.

cylinder $100-150

trans(junk?) :cry: zip,zero,nodda!

frame CA plate & pink slip good -8/05 that depends on the guy really.gotta be worth $300 with paper.

Thanks

I read your post and was kind of interested in your trans but that rod picture ......scared me.....good pics but if you ever seen pics of KTM 495 failure on dry lake bed....well you just shake the piston parts out of the muffler......but to keep all options open. How much for that trans???????/

Thanks burned. I know the search engine works fine but you work better. In fact we talked about said bike a couple of weeks ago and I promised if repaired to post just so everyone could use the info thru you and bronco on make model year oil etc usage yada yada & so on. I will if I repair.....Thanks

These came out of my headpipe

headpipe-valve.jpg

Most likely the transmission is fine, the bike only locked up for less then 20 feet, no kidding I was on the clutch fast, and that was on a gravel road. We are going to split the cases here after a while and check the rest out but it should be fine.

As far the transmission, it or anything else off that engine is not for sale yet. I have already bought a replacement head, the cylinder can be repaired and bored/replated or replaced fairly cheaply, piston goes with the bore kit. Rod replacement requires splitting the crank, which will be fully check out, so it may end up being stroked :cry:

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men :cry:

Oh you did it good?@! But you have got to have rod sticking out of cases and buddy? standing over you saying when it cools downs will spray kroil oil into cylinder and free it up!

Transmission lockup. Probably not that big of deal but I am looking at simple economics. I get so attached to all my machines I hate to do this but I have got to look at a 2000 machine will bring in 2005 after I dumped X into it.