Sign in to follow this  

exhaust full system or slip on??

Have an 02 DRZ400E. Want to put an exhaust system on it. Looking at Yoshimura and big guns.

Any one recommend one over the other?

Also what is the difference between putting on a complete system versus a slip on?

slip on's weigh less,make lots of noise and very little power gain.

full systems weigh less yet,make lots of noise,and make more power.

the drz head pipe is pretty lame imho.

Hey Burned, isn't there any thing that can be done for cheap to the stock silencer to open it up a tad? I have read about drilling out the end pipe but it is suppose to just make more noise ????

Metellstick - I have read that the Yosh has a better fit and finish. I do not have either one so take it with some salt.

go with a yosh full system it's definitly worth the money.

I agree. I have a full Yosh system and I love it!

I have the yosh full system and very happy. really woke the bike up. Only draw back is noise. With the med tec insert it is quite a bit louder than stock. The extra power is worth it.

So whats the cheapest you guys get the full Yosh systems for the `S` model for over there? I`m thinking about getting one but here in the Uk we pay big bucks for them. Might be worth me shipping one over from the States. Any recomendations on places to get them? Is there more than 1 full system for the `S`????

Does the TEC insert bring the sound level down to the 96db? Can you feel a difference in power available between TEC insert installed versus not installed? Is there big difference in sound with the insert in or out?

Just curious, did you mod you airbox beyond removing the snorkel? I am thinking about putting a K&N on with the pipe.

Stick