Sign in to follow this  

I just don't get it.

I am a big fan of MXA magazine. They don't seem bashful about ruffling feathers and that appeals to me, but there is something that I just don't understand.

For the last two issues, they have had stories about 2 strokes where they keep referencing how much a 4 stroke motor rebuild will cost, should it grenade. Also, they keep saying that 2 strokes are way more fun than 4 strokes.I just don't feel that way and I am curious how they can say that. I guess they are just old school 2 stroke diehards.?

I have to agree with the mags. I ride a 4 stroke because I wanted one bike that could do everthing and be street legal. If it weren't for the street legal part I would have a 2 stroke. They are lighter, simpler and have a better power to weight ratio. I still think they sound better too :cry:

Yeah!....I'm a two-stroke die hard as well but that was what I was brought-up on. :cry: :cry: I will always like the two-stroke better than the four, except in my truck.. :cry: :cry:

Yeah!....I'm a two-stroke die hard as well but that was what I was brought-up on. :cry: :cry: I will always like the two-stroke better than the four, except in my truck.. :cry::lol:

I've got one of each, and I'm starting to think about selling the 4 strike and going full time 2 smoke again. I agree with MXA. :cry:

But four strokes are cool too. :cry:

I will always like the two-stroke better than the four, except in my truck.. :cry: :cry:

454 cubic inch two stroke, :cry: that would rock

get in, sit down, shut up, and hold on

I am a big fan of MXA magazine. They don't seem bashful about ruffling feathers and that appeals to me, but there is something that I just don't understand.

For the last two issues, they have had stories about 2 strokes where they keep referencing how much a 4 stroke motor rebuild will cost, should it grenade. Also, they keep saying that 2 strokes are way more fun than 4 strokes.I just don't feel that way and I am curious how they can say that. I guess they are just old school 2 stroke diehards.?

have you ever done a top end rebuild on both? if you have, then i wanna know why you ask that question.

as for "fun," that is totally subjective. many, if not most, people find 2 strokes more fun to ride. the problem is they usually go faster on a 4.

EDIT - a kinder man wouldn't point out the ironic nature of you having your feathers ruffled by MXA.

JMHO

jeremiah

Nothing in that article ruffled my feathers, and I am aware of the top end rebuild price differential.It just seems odd that they waited this long to make mention of it.

Yeah, but youd need a 20 foot wheelbase just to keep that bastard on the ground :cry:

And to hold the larger gas tank :cry:

I think it is just their own personal opinion swaying the other way. When 4Strokes were new everyone had to have one, now that it's old hat, well the 2 strokes now new and everyone has to have one. :cry: