MXA Trivia Round Eight - 8 - Old School - (not) BOB HANNAH

For some reason it seems you get more hits if Bob's name is in the title, we'll see.

Anyways,,,,,,,,

This awsome 1st corner shot that I have butchered and pasted together is from the December 1976 issue of MXA (sorry NOMADAK ?)

This is the St. Petersburg National 500 final race of the year. Who won the title? Who was second? ?

How many riders can you identify in this photo? I know 8 of them. Anyone know more? One's easy if you've been paying attention so far. ?

1st_Corner_76_St_Petersburg_500_National.jpg

#3 is Kent Howerton, 15 is Semics, 24 is Bad Brad Lackey, I believe that is Steve Stackable on the Suzuki with the black helmet just to the left of Semics. Weinert is right behind Lackey. Karsmakers is on the Honda behind #661. Could 19 be Bill Grossi? I will rack my brain on the others.

I was at the National in St. Peters MO that year.

Semics won the last 3 Nationals including St. Petersburg and finished second to Howerton for the season.

? Man I have been watching football and working in the yard and missed most of the trivia for the day.

In the future please enumerate your response in order to simplify things. ?

The rider you say is Stackable I thought was Billy or Bob Grossi. We could have to find a mediator. ?

So let's see, we have,

1) Semics #15 KX

2) Howerton #3 Husky

3) Lackey #24 Husky

4) Weinert green KX in back (There is a slim to none chance that this could be Terry Clark, as I think he was on the team then but not sure.)

5) Suzuki black helmet - Stackable or Grossi???

I've got 3 more and when you here one of them you will say DOH! ?

?

This is giving me a headache,

1) Semics #15 KX

2) Howerton #3 Husky

3) Lackey #24 Husky

4) Weinert green KX in back (There is a slim to none chance that this could be Terry Clark, as I think he was on the team then but not sure.)

5) Suzuki black helmet - Stackable or Grossi???

and then

6)Tony D Suzuki, orange helmet

7)Chuck Sun #661

8)Gaylon Mosier with Green Shirt with yellow and yellow helmet.

I am pretty sure that is Stackable in the black helmet by his long hair.

• 1 year later...

Chief or Johnny O, would either of you happen too have a pic of my neightbor, Doreen Payne?? She raced way back, she is the first female too ever qualify for a national FWIW.. WOuld be cool too have an pic of her in action..

RIck

Man this thread is over a year old,

He probably had to clear some bandwidth on the server.

Johnny O has some incredible pictures from BACK IN THE DAY!

oh yeah , so it is......... :banghead: i got a little excited , i love this trivia stuff........