Sign in to follow this  

Old School Bob Hannah Picture - No Trivia

O.K., just to satisfy those Bob Hannah fans (and there seems to be many) here is a picture from the 1977 Daytona Supercross (which of course he won.)

Stock 1977 YZ 250 D seemed incedible at the time. :cry:

Almost like an undifeated season does today. You just did not win on a stock bike, much less beat factory bikes. He was a legend in his time. :cry:

Hannah_01.jpg

I was in highschool back then! Didn't Yamaha raffle off Hannah's bike (a stocker) after some of the events? Was it all the events or only those he won? SX only or MX also? This isn't a triva question, I'm asking cuz I don't know... :cry:

Bob Hannah, winningest rider of his time, of all time, till Rick Johnson came along,

then Jeremy took that over,

Now Ricky has his time. Sure that Bubba will get his someday.

ol' Bob Hannah, spent ALOT of time training in Florida (where I grew up) for the upcoming mx/sx seasons back then. Of course, it was hot in Florida late in the year and he wouldn't go near an air-conditioner. His training regimen worked well along with his aggressive attack style of riding. He was always fit and still fast at the end of the motos, I recall they used to run 45 minute motos outdoors back then! :cry:

I was (and still am) a huge fan of Yamaha's and of course, the Hurricane!

I almost cried when he switched to HONDA. :cry: Of course, can't really blame him; They had REAL WORKS BIKES and Yamaha was using production machinery as JOHNNYO mentioned.

I am gonna semi-hijack this thread and ask a trivia question!

What was Hannah doing when he got injured in the early 80's causing him to miss a whole season of racing?

I was in highschool back then! Didn't Yamaha raffle off Hannah's bike (a stocker) after some of the events? Was it all the events or only those he won? SX only or MX also? This isn't a triva question, I'm asking cuz I don't know... :cry:

Funny you mention that cause I do recall something like tht but don't remember the details, but yeah, they raffeld his bike, yeah. :cry:

I to remember Hannah very, well reading MXA in freshmen studyhall 151 (uh,,,,, and detention 151). The thing I remember most is just hating the fact that he always won (Just like RJ, MC, RC and soon JS). I couldn't wait for him to get beat, but then when he broke his leg I was truly bummed. Ah, but that set the stage for the comeback and subsequent battles with Howerton. How bout the showdown at Saddleback, eh? :cry: :cry: :cry:

but then when he broke his leg I was truly bummed.

Do you know how he did it?

water skiing at Lake Havavistu (?)AZ

Tripes was driving the boat if you can believe it. :cry:

we have a winner!

I think Tripes was jealous of Hannah's success!

He did it on purpose, I tell ya! :cry:

we have a winner!

I think Tripes was jealous of Hannah's success!

He did it on purpose, I tell ya! :cry:

Premeditated, obviously planned well in advance. :cry:

Tripes.

tripesad.jpg

Depending on the site you visit, Tripes was either 15 or 16 years old when he won the inaugural Superbowl of Motocross.

As you can see by the picture, he was a little bit chunky. This is probably why he never sat down while racing, too hard to get back up! :cry:

Hannah was my hero in the 70,s and I was foolish enough to think the YZ,s he rode were just that good!!,(he rode the works OW bikes), (late 70,s). I switched to Honda CR,s in the early 80,s and started to win ALOT of races, I get some crapp from of my older riding buddies now for ridind a D/S bike, (Suzuki DRZ400S).But a couple have rode my DSZ and now are into riding again!! :cry:. While I continue to enjoy my CR500, the D/S thing has opened up offroad riding for many of us battle scared old MX,ers or desert racers!. I know that Hannah finally got married, but I wonder what his riding is now???. :cry: