Sign in to follow this  

uphills

I plan on racing the Branson MX National in October and have read that there are hills on the track. I haven't been on any tracks in Oklahoma that have big hills except for riding on a tight offroad track once that had some good sized hills. I was wondering what the correct techniques were for uphills, do you lean forward or back or whatever else. THANKS FOR THE HELP! :cry:

if the hills have woops on them stand up lean back a little and give it gas there are other ways thats just what i do

It depends if there is not alot of traction lean back if there is alot of traction lean forward. But other then that learn to power shift and keep it pinned. peace and be safe.

and make sure you dont have to these out :cry: lol!!

big hills are alot easier the faster you go. I had a problem when i first started at budds creek. The finish line is a very big uphill(depending on direction they run) If the hill is very steep and you lean back your front wheel will get light preventing you from any steering input. If its not a smooth hill you may be better off standing up leaning forward a bit. your weight will still be on the rear wheel. If its smooth you can sit down and crouch to keep your weight low sliding your butt back on the seat a bit. its really all about how you feel comfortable. take your practice time on the track serious and watch other guys and how they take the hills.

good luck