Sign in to follow this  

Hurricane Ivan... helping rebuild

Does anyone know if there are any organized relief type efforts based out of other areas going in to help rebuild for these people? I live in Tallahassee, and saw an ad in the paper a month ago for people needed to travel to central FL to help put roofs back on damaged homes from Charley. I can get fri, sat, sun, and mondays off to travel to help out if anyone knew of an organized type thing for assisting people in west FL. I'd like to help out more than just my donations to the Red Cross.

That's great that you want to help out. :cry:

I haven't heard anything really, but I haven't been really listening either. I work for the cable company here and we have our hands full honestly. I've been working 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week since the storm hit and it doesn't look like we will be caught up anytime soon.

Like you though, I have been wanting to do more, but I don't have a ton of cash to just hand over to anyone. Unfortunately, I don't have any spare time to do anything more right now, so I have to be satisfied with what I'm doing. People are really happy when we rebuild everything back to the way it was before all of this.

I don't know of anything like you ask yet, but I will keep my eyes and ears open for you. If I hear anything I'll post it here.

Are you looking to donate time or get with a company and make some extra money doing it?

Bill, call the Red Cross or Salvation Army. They will have a bunch of info for you.

I think being closer to P-cola and that area your effort would be more time efficient (everybody needs help in the state). I'm sure those in need appreciate the offer.

Don :cry: