Sign in to follow this  

Dual sport ride

oh you two are a real laugh... what were you guys doing all day while I was whiping the slush from my goggles...... froze to the bone while this trail boss moron turns all 25 of us around on yet another dead end trail. :cry:

Bob

Did you ever get some winter gear?

I rode today for just a couple hours it was fun being out in the rain and mud :cry: I have the moose monarch pass pant and the expedition jacket. Kept me nice and toasty out in Clear Creek last year in the snow.

:cry:

I was wiping the slush from my goggles...... froze to the bone while this trail boss moron turns all 25 of us around on yet another dead end trail. :cry:

But it was for a good cause. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What a blast! Wet, flat sierra roads in 5th gear! First rain/snow of the new riding season. No dust after lunch. First time I ever saw snow, mud and dust erupt from a rear tire at the same time. Very cool.

Sure didn't feel like 140 miles. And we got back before dark with fuel in the tank! What more can you ask for? Isn't that why you have a headlight on the bike?

Yes, we got back a little later than planned and missed some real good trails and granite.

Yes it was alternately raining and snowing depending on the elevation and it was cold.

Yes there was a nasty hill that we spent an hour getting everyone up.

Yes, Joe got disoriented in the snowstorm and had not brought his GPS unit with him to help guide him back to the lodge. To his credit, he made the right decision at the lunch break to bring the group back together and at lower elevations.

Before it got really bad... I mean fun.. Joe gave everyone an opportunity to bail out. I was riding with Bob and asked if he wanted to ride the 26 miles back on roads and pavement and, to his credit, he said "No", I want to ride trails. To add insult to injury, this was the route we eventually took out after Joe got lost.

Bob, you did much better on the hill than most of the others and now will be prepared with Cold Pro gloves and a good jacket. Dings add character to your bike. Look at mine.

Chalk it up to experience! :cry: I'll ask Joe to give you a comp entry for next years ride so we can finish the entire course.

thanks again ed for watching out for this newbie....

I'm confused again! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey BigBob, I thought you said you weren't a "Newbie" any more.

Hell, you've ridden Trail 6 at Foresthill! :cry: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob,

Sorry to hear you had a tough time..

The high Sierra's can be unpredictable this time of year.... :cry:

Look at this way, you'll never forget that ride, as long as you live. Next time you'll laugh, and be warm doing it! :cry:

I think you should be advanced to intermediate newbie. You have had your baptism under snow.

Let's hope we get some rain in CC soon!

great now I'll be known as the John Kerry of dirt, allways changing my stripes....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think you should be advanced to intermediate newbie. You have had your baptism under snow.

Let's hope we get some rain in CC soon!

advanced intermeadiate newbie??? &%$#@! is that? :cry: this kind of help I don't need ..... great now I'll be known as the John Kerry of dirt, allways changing my stripes.... :cry:

Your still a slow, trail blocking post whore.. :cry::cry:

I had to work couldn't make it, but was hoping to see photos. did you get any good shots bob?