Sign in to follow this  

Temporary Colorado Registration needed to ride?.....

My wife's parents have about 40 acres that borders the Natl Forest over in Bayfield (10-15 miles east of Durango). Anyway, I've noticed all the signs that say that riding is legal there but my in-laws think I may need to get some type of "temporary registration" to ride them in Colorado. Does anybody know anything about this? They are already registered here in California. They are all 2004 4-strokes, (2) of them are kids bikes.

Thanks for any advice you can ante up... :cry:

A legal and current Cali. plate will work just fine in Colorado. Unless you plan on riding more than 2 weeks at a time,in which case you can purchase a non-resident OHV pass from Colorado State Parks. I am not sure they have any way of tracking or enforcing the above though.

The out of state plate and sticker will be just fine. :cry:

Thanks for the reply....I'll only be there for 5 days so I won't worry about it.

OHV users also must have a Colorado OHV registration or valid registration or license from another state to operate their OHV in Colorado. Out-of-state registrations are valid in Colorado for 30 consecutive days. After the 30 days, a Colorado nonresident OHV permit is required. A Colorado OHV permit is $15.25 a year.