Sign in to follow this  

The Edge Racing... Nashville IL?

Hey guys, a buddy of mine was telling me he thought there was a MX track in Nashville IL the other day so today I drove down there to see... the place looks pretty neglected and nobody was around. I found a couple phone numbers for them online and both have been disconnected.

Does anyone know anything about this place? is it closed for good or mabey only open in the summer time?

Also theres supposed to be a track in Salem IL named South Central MX, anyone know anything about that one?

Does anyone know anything about this place? is it closed for good or mabey only open in the summer time?

Also theres supposed to be a track in Salem IL named South Central MX, anyone know anything about that one?

No and no. Sorry :cry:

I've been to both - Nashville for a Loretta Lynn Qualifier maybe 3 years ago and Salem for a couple of Loretta Lynn Qualifiers. I don't know when Nashville quit holding races as I thought they were still racing last year. Salem's next race (according to www.http://www.district18.net) is October 16-17. The phone number is 618-548-5259. The track site is www.southcentralmx.com and they have track photos. Salem is a really cool track - laid out in an old cow pasture and has some elevation changes and small rolling hills. Decent dirt when they groom on race day but mostly hard packed. The track is long and fast with some cool motocross style jumps and a few SX style sections thrown in the mix.

Anybody know why Planet-x-treme closed the doors? :cry:

That guy was all over me about having a Vintage race there next year. Their website says they've closed and the facility is for sale.