Sign in to follow this  

DJ and 3x3 with Stock Exhaust?

Hi

Since I live with an environmentalist and work for the worlds largest environmental NGO, tearing off the stock 04 exhaust (complete with catalyst) and replacing with a full system is not really on the cards.

But will I see any improvement in power by doing the 3x3 mod and fitting a DJ kit? I'm in the UK so just about everywhere here is below 1000 feet and I live at 237 feet - so we'll just call that sea level, then.

Cheers

Ian

Yes...absolutely. I had my bike set up that way for a long while and it's a considerable improvement over the stock configuration - well worth the money and effort.

Hi

Since I live with an environmentalist and work for the worlds largest environmental NGO, tearing off the stock 04 exhaust (complete with catalyst) and replacing with a full system is not really on the cards.

But will I see any improvement in power by doing the 3x3 mod and fitting a DJ kit? I'm in the UK so just about everywhere here is below 1000 feet and I live at 237 feet - so we'll just call that sea level, then.

Cheers

Ian

HAHA Your screwed. What you descibed is exactly my current setup, 3x3,dj,stock exhuast. BEWARE!! the 3x3 will make the bike louder muhahhahhaha. :cry: Our pipes have catalysts???

Our pipes have catalysts???

We're subject to European regulations on emissions here. I can't find info on Suzuki GB's website but the dealer told me that the difference between 03 and 04 bikes is the catalyst.

Ian

Ian-

I have a '02 "S" and ride at 750'. The mods in my signature below work great with the stock exhaust. I'm just not sure if you folks overseas have the same exhaust. Mine does not have a catalytic convertor.

Otherwise, it is well worth the 3x3 and DJ needle & main jet & pilot jet changes listed below.