Sign in to follow this  

Any 400 RXC owners out there?

I've got a '98 RXCe400 that I bought new and it's been a good bike. I rode a '03 KLX400SR that was totally stock this past weekened and was amazed how much more powerful, smooth and better suspended it was. It's unfortunate there is virtually no aftermarket for the RXC line, especially the 400. I tried an FCR39 and a S'Trapp on my bike and it picked up some power on top but really none in the low to midrange. The KLX I rode is for sale locally and is calling my name pretty loud! Any ideas how to get the 400 to reach its potential before I pull the trigger on the KLX? Thanks in advance.

Well I don`t own a rxc but a sc-96 wich is close to yours. To relif the power of your rxc you have to grt rid of the quicsilver cab, it make the engine run werry lean and effects power, get exe cab and silenser and wake your ktm alive! :cry: Suspension mod is same as for the 620

I actually just got a 400 RXC its a 1996. Apparently whoever had it before me put a different Jet Kit in it, and I believe it still has the stock exhaust.

I tried the stock jet in the engine, but couldn't get the header to stop glowing, now I find thats normal with 4stroke engines.

So I might put that one back in and keep the better gas milage then what i was getting with the other one. Not to mention currently I'm running into problems with the exact location for it, It seems to idle low, as the lights dim, which i could fix with the idle screw, but the Rich/Lean screw is still off.

Right now when i got from Idle and try to Romp on it to full throtle it bogs and kills the engine

If i rev it a little then romp on it its fine. Confused on that one