Sign in to follow this  

Hot Cam or CRF cam in X?

I'm getting a new X soon and wanted to know which cam everybodys running.Changing over from CRF450 so I will need more power. Race alot of hare scrambles and have ordered WB pipe.

Hot Cams hasnt relieased their cam yet. It will be out in about 3 weeks. Right now your only options are going to be a X cam or WebCams makes one but I did a post on it and I dont think anyone here is running one. Personally if you have the R do some head work and get a exhaust and a hi compression piston, then you will get power everywhere instead of loosing some. Or jsut wait for the Hot Cams to comeout.

We ran the Webcams cam all year. Initially we had exhaust lobe failures but the last one they sent us has been fine. We have some head porting and carb work on the bike but this cam has some SERIOUS pull from around 8000 to 12000 rpm with a little drop off on the very top end. It's not a 2 stroke and should not be run on top anyway, but down where the meat of the power really is. We are also suffering from the valve blues and have a new head, valves and the rest ordered. I REALLY hate to put the stock valves in again but there are no alternatives right now and we can't wait. The first time the valves lasted about 20 hours but after cutting the seats and installing NEW valves it only made it about 10 hours. :cry:

I think the bottom was about as stock! Yes we used their springs at first but turned out that was the problem with losing the exhaust lobe. I hear they have a different supplier now, not sure because we have been running the stock springs just changing them often. :cry: