Sign in to follow this  

What handguards are you guys using?

I have Acerbis handguards on my DRZ and CRF and on both bikes I had crashes that weren't too bad but bent the end of the handguard enough that it interfered with the levers. Also, Acerbis handguards don't have too much room for levers requiring sometimes even cutting the ends off. I want to get a radial master cyclinder for my CRF and I know this won't fit under the Acerbis and I'm sick of bending them back into shape so what handguards do you guys recommend as far as strength and room for levers?

I use the Cycra handguards that mount to the top triple clamp. The work very well, have room for your levers, and are way more sturdy than the acerbis ones. I have spent a bunch of money on the acerbis guards racing desert, and they just aren't as good as the cycra guards. Neither are cheap, but they are worth it! Good luck :cry:

Third that one. I used to have the Aderbis on my bike and they would always bend and get all twisted up. I ended up forking out the $100 and got the Cycra's, should have done it in the first place. Great gurards, never running anythign else ony any of my bikes again.

Cycra! Cycra! Cycra! good american stuff! :cry:

I know I have used(dont tell) cheaper brands sometimes like the Tusk guards/Emgo..cheap and good! but definetly not strong like cycra. They are ok for little stuff or smaller bikes..maybe.

But since cycra makes the plastics for cannondale/atk..still, which I have one...but being sponsored by cycra and my choice.

Hey Marche how is the track..I need to come down..trying to heal my past injuries..etc. I'll see you soon. Take care.

I use the Cycra guards as well. Make sure you pay a little extra and get the "Racer pack" which includes triple clamp mounts. If you get the standard bar mounts they will rotate in a crash. They have two styles, depending on if your top triple clamp has front mounted pinch bolts or side mounted pinch bolts. Here is a picture of mine which has side mounted...

By the way, I'm cheap so I looked around all the mailorder places. It was cheapest to get them direct from Cycra, they had them on sale at the time.

master_cyl.jpg

None! I run ARC levers and Delrin sliders on the end of the bar. I'm about 10 good crashes down the road and have never had on failure. I hate hand guards.

MotoGreg your brake lever looks a lot fancier than mine.

What Master Cylinder is that?

DSCN4219_p.jpg

That's a 13mm Brembo -It's only about $80 at that price I got an assortment from 12 Thur 16mm just to try with different systems.

The 14 is way too touchy, not much difference between the 12 and 13 but the 13 was the best we tried.

That was for the MotoMaster.

The DP Brake pads make the whole thing work really well.

We didn't try the Magura 13mm radial, that is what Troy Lee team is using, and everyone is very happy on their team with it from what I have heard.