Sign in to follow this  

Arm Pump????

i raced for the first time in about a year yesterday. i noticed that i got really bad arm pump. what could i do training wize to keep the pump to a minimum?

I found that for arm pump all u need too do is 1 simple excersise. Hang on to something like a metal bar or even a 2 by 4 stud it doesnt matter... just hang there, this excersise is better then asprin, bannas etc. try it for a couple weeks. :cry:

Congratulations, you rode hard enough to get armpump your first time out. You are beginning to feel what motocross is like. Join the thousands of other riders who know what it feels like to have your arms turn into usless hunks of tight meat while your trying to hang on to 40+ horse power in order to save your ass.

The best way to beat armpump is to do a lot of riding; like 3 or 4 days a week. But if you can't do that (like most of us not racing for a living can) the next best thing is my Semics Forearm Developers. The third best thing is my Techniques Video #6 (Elimiating Armpump). You can find them on my website at: mxraceschool.com. :cry:

Go purchase a few of those gripper exercisers at Wal-Mart. Throw one in each car you drive and use them when you're on long drives or stuck in traffic. They're great tension relievers and they make a big difference.

thanx's for all the tips on how to get rid of the pump..im going to try that hanging from a bar thing thats sounds like fun and im going to look into your video gary.

Go purchase a few of those gripper exercisers at Wal-Mart. Throw one in each car you drive and use them when you're on long drives or stuck in traffic. They're great tension relievers and they make a big difference.

Do this. I dont get arm pump and this is what I do.

try a couple of tums tablets, the calcium in tums is supposed to help. It could be mental but when I take it I dont get armpump. try it out and let me know if it works for you. :cry:

Congratulations, you rode hard enough to get armpump your first time out. You are beginning to feel what motocross is like. Join the thousands of other riders who know what it feels like to have your arms turn into usless hunks of tight meat while your trying to hang on to 40+ horse power in order to save your ass.

The best way to beat armpump is to do a lot of riding; like 3 or 4 days a week. But if you can't do that (like most of us not racing for a living can) the next best thing is my Semics Forearm Developers. The third best thing is my Techniques Video #6 (Elimiating Armpump). You can find them on my website at: mxraceschool.com. :cry:

(no offense, but )Now THATS self promotion :cry:

I try to ride twice-four times a week, and do training in between (biking and jogging mostly). Also pushups... dunno if it with arm pump but oh heck. I'm never troubled with it... grab the bike and hold on with your knees, etc, and it should help. Cant we make an Arm Pump sticky topic someplace :cry: