Sign in to follow this  

FOX DirtPaw Gloves SUCK

These gloves are horrible. Ive only had them for a short time and they fingers are already ripping out. Does anyone know of a more durable glove that will hold up to more than a month of riding. Im looking for something that will last, but is not insanely expensive. Any info would be great.

dude i realy believ you got a defective pair. I ride every weekend for year now. I have two pair of the black dirt paws. I switch them off, probably have equal or more ride time on the original set I bought in OCT 03 and they are in great shape. I wash them once every few months or so...they fit good and were only $19.00 a pair :cry:

I guess I must have, the stitching is coming out of the ends of the fingers already. There is a huge hole in one of the fingers and the others look like their about to go.

yeah dude. i think you got a bad pair too. i bought a pair of black ones almost a year ago. i needed a "cheap" pair of gloves just for the weekend and figured they wouldn't get much use after that, but they've become one of my favorite gloves to wear.. i've even bought several other more expensive gloves since then that have already fallen apart.. i still use them ALOT and they're in excellent condition, fit great, have plenty of grip, no tears or holes.. and i ride hard, almost daily.

it's wierd how two people's experience with the same product can be so completely different.

My set of dirtpaws is two years old, and infact, just yesterday I had one finger on the left glove tear open. I wash and dry my glpves after every ride too...so that is not good on them.

Time for a new pair shortly.

wow.

my dirtpaws are my favorites.

i have one pair still in action from 1999, and i just got a new pair when 04 gear came out.

i also have at home:

2000 no fear quartz or matrix?

2000 thor core

01 thor ac2 (2 pair, 1 pair=XL, 1 pair=L=fit better)

02 thor phase

03 oneal hardwear

04 fox dirtpaw

plan on 05 dirtpaws if i get new gloves agian for 05???

(can never have too many gloves. kinda like goggles :cry:)

the best gloves (especially for the price) i have found are the dirtpaws. they seem to hold up the best IMO, and fit the best. the only other ones that fit as well are the ac2 gloves, cuz they kinda stretch or something, and conform to the hand. one thing i have found that i like about those (and the phase gloves) is the simple pull on feature. no velcro straps. no big deal, just something i notice.

but the dirtpaws are probably my favorites when it comes to durability, fit, comfort, padding, and style.

way to go FOX, i say :cry: :cry: :cry:

-racer36

Dude I'm with you on this one... I'll never buy a pair of fox gloves again. had a pair of o'neils for about 6 months now, love'm.

Contact Fox about the problem. Most of the better MX companies have excellemt customer service. Scott, for example, is amazing.