Sign in to follow this  

Can I make these forks work?

Hey Guys…

I was just checking to see what I would need to buy in order to make these forks fit on my 98 TE610, or if they can at all?? :cry: I know nothing about triple clamps, etc….

Here is what I know below…..and they're selling CHEAP and new.

--------------------------------------

Marzocchi "SHIVER" Forks Model: Shiver E 2003

This set will fit triple trees with 52.9mm tops and 58.4mm bottoms. These fit Cannondales and KTM's, and I'm told they should fit directly into the triple tress of a 2000-2003 Honda CR or CRF without any adjustments needed, as long as the triple trees are stock. They should also fit into most late model Yamaha WR & YZ's with a 1mm shim put in to the upper triple clamp.

Cannondale part # 5002621

Overall Length: 37.5"/953mm

Outer Tube Diameter: 2.09"/53mm (at top)

Inner Tube Diameter: 1.76"/45mm

I called RG3 Suspension in Santa Ana, CA and I'm not sure this is going to work.

They said there are a few concerns.

1: Triple Clamps for a Husky that will fit these

2: Axle Spacing

3: Brake mounting location/type

4: Length

And possibly a few other things...

Anyhow, might be too involved to make work.

Anyone know if it's worth it to change from my conventional marzocchi forks to the upside down marzocchi's on other Husky's in other years?

Oh well, talk about a good deal though on those new shivers above... :cry:

I would just have RG3 dial in your stock stuff, my suspension went from terrible(stock) to really good(RG3 revalve & springs).I believe you were the one who recommended them to me.

Should be able to make it work.Talk to George Earl at up-tite husky he can help.Also I might me interested in your forks for a vintage project.Thanks goat

Thanks guys for some feedback.

Yes, RG3 does great work, as they did my earlier 96 ones, which are the same as the ones I have now. I will have RG3 do them if I don't get any upside down ones.

I've just been told the inverted ones are more rigid, and if one day I plan on doing a little more jumping, the inverts will be the ones I want to be on.

I did not talk to George yet, but I need to call him now anyhow for some jets for my 610 since I just installed his system this weekend. Damn, that pipe and muffler are ugly..haha... I think the big gun looks way better installed than the uptite, but I'm not going for looks right now, going for the most braapppp! :cry:

Dirt Rider article? Any idea which year and month?

Lew: Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Seems you guys were discussing these forks.

It seems these forks will fit my bike?

What do I need to do? Just 99-00 TE triple clamps?

I guess I have no idea what to do to make it work. I'm still a little weary they actually will.

Any additional feedback?

I called Uptite, but he had another call and he didn't have a chance to talk to me about these forks and if it will fit my bike or not.

Maybe I will try him again. Or maybe this is not worth all the time, and just get mine redone at RG3 and call it a day. :cry:

Damn, that pipe and muffler are ugly..haha... I think the big gun looks way better installed than the uptite, but I'm not going for looks right now, going for the most braapppp! :cry:

Got pix?

Question:

1: Triple Clamps for a Husky that will fit these

2: Axle Spacing

3: Brake mounting location/type

4: Length

And possibly a few other things...

Anyhow, might be too involved to make work.

Anyone know if it's worth it to change from my conventional marzocchi forks to the upside down marzocchi's on other Husky's in other years?

Thought:

Why don't you just stick the 400 forks on it and go for a spin? Triple clamp ought to fit, too...

I spoke to George at Uptite about my little dilemma. He said the 50MM forks I have now on the 610 are awesome forks, and extremely plush. They have a nice mid section and resist bottoming well. He said they are by no means great jumping forks, but for anything desert related, it doesn't get much better. And I plan on dialing them in again with RG3.

But the idea of putting the 400 forks on did cross my mind, I just didn't want to take the thing apart at all. GP Motorcycles downtown San Diego just wrapped up fixing my oil leaks yesterday on the 400, so that thing is ready to be sold! :cry:

And by the way, GP totally rocks!! Those guys are insane, and finished that bike within hours, now weeks. Talk about service!