Sign in to follow this  

Dwight Rudder's tip for break draggers

One of Dwight Rudders tips (see his off road riding techniques on TT) was to use a stiffer rear brake pedal spring to minimize brake dragging in the woods. Me being a brag dragger of sorts (in the higher mileage tight stuff) I thought I would give it a try and used a really stiff old 2-stoke expansion chamber spring. THIS REALLY WORKS! My brakes were not cooked and your foot is strong enough to overcome the spring when needed - you get use to it fast, nice tip, thanks Dwight! :cry: :cry: :cry:

MSTex

Keep your pivot bolt well greased, check those o'rings. You'll wear the bushing in the lever real quick.

Good tip. Thanks.

I wore the stock rear pads out in 30 miles on my te-250. I have never had a set go that fast! Most last like 200-300 miles in the stuff I ride in. All I did to stop the wear was adjust the brake pedel to master cylender so I had to push the pedel further to make the brakes work. Pads are holding up real well now.

I wore the stock rear pads out in 30 miles on my te-250. I have never had a set go that fast! Most last like 200-300 miles in the stuff I ride in.

holy crap! what are you riding in? wet cement mixed with grinding paste? i've put 1 set of pads in my ktm in 8000 miles of fairly severe off-road, enduro and scrambles.

mw