Cadillac Area riding--kick ass!

Just got back from a two day trip out to Cadillac--

Using the info I gathered at this site, we were able to have an absolute blast riding Caberfae, Missaukee & Long Lake.... excellent riding-- I thank all of you who contributed...

pics to come....

Great, Glad you had a good time. I've been on LL 4- 5 times this year and its always fun. Have'nt been to Miss. yet this year. How was it ? I've got property not to far from there. Next time your around give a shout.

While all areas had their moments, I would have to put Missaukee as my favorite. Nice and tight, with plenty of high speed, sandy turns to make things interesting. Excellent, evenly distributed whoop sections coupled with rooty hill climbs made Missaukee worth hitting twice.

Next time, we're gonna give her a try at night....

While all areas had their moments, I would have to put Missaukee as my favorite. Nice and tight, with plenty of high speed, sandy turns to make things interesting. Excellent, evenly distributed whoop sections coupled with rooty hill climbs made Missaukee worth hitting twice.

That doesn't sound like Missoukee to me. Sure you don't have the 2 mixed up. It's been 2 years since I did Missaukee. I can only remember 2 slight hill climbs on that ride. Missaukee was on the left side of the road while Long Lk. was on the right. I"ll definatly have to give it a shot. Maby this weekend.

That doesn't sound like Missoukee to me. Sure you don't have the 2 mixed up. It's been 2 years since I did Missaukee. I can only remember 2 slight hill climbs on that ride. Missaukee was on the left side of the road while Long Lk. was on the right. I"ll definatly have to give it a shot. Maby this weekend.

You're right-- there weren't all that many hill climbs but still was my favorite...

Night rides to come....

It really looks like someone has been in there re-routing some of the trail. There is some real neet stuff in there now.

Last time I was in there I didn't think much of it, that was like 2 years ago. But when we were there about 1 month ago it was a riot. I loved it. You need to try it. Preferably after some rain. I can see were dry conditions would be kinda sucky there.

id have to say from that day we where there last month i liked long lake better, but then again i was completly shot from long lake, when we left to go to missawkee. i had already decided i wasnt going to run hard, i was starting to make misstakes right at the end of long lake so i knew missaukee wasnt going to a fast ride for me, but i wanted to ride it just to see what its like.

I see no real mention of caberfae ? idd you go north or south from the parking lot connector, I think if you would have rode this first you would not have enough in ya to ride long lk. caberfae North is the better of the trails. ?

I see no real mention of caberfae ? idd you go north or south from the parking lot connector, I think if you would have rode this first you would not have enough in ya to ride long lk. caberfae North is the better of the trails. ?

It's hard to say what exactly we hit -- We rode from the hotel (Econoline in Cadillac) and fueled up in Boon -- I believe we headed South from there... I thought the trails were great; very tight and more hard-packed than Miss.

I rode Miss and LL about 6 weeks ago, back to back. Missaukee is not as challenging in my opinion. I rode it when it was real dry and dusty. Long Lake has more roots on the trail than any other i've seen in MI, but it was a good time. I would avoid it if you're real fatigued from a long day of riding. It's a bit tighter than Miss Jcn. My favorite is the Little O in that area. It's southwest of Miss and LL, and more open but it is pretty sandy. ?