Sign in to follow this  

SIGN IN LOCK BOX FOUND ON TOP OF MOUNTAIN PEAK

Went riding Sunday Sept 19,04. Might have been my last ride for a while as I go in for shoulder surgery this comming Tuesday the 21st. We went out to Jawbone canyon for a day ride. We took off from our camp to a mountain peak we were unable to complete last time we were out as one of our riders could not make it up on his 2 stroke. We get to the top of the peak and it is the highest peak in quite a distance. The view was amazing. The last 20 feet had to be climbed on foot as it was broken up boulders. As we are looking I noticed a trianguliar marker on top of the peak. I then sat down and noticed a ammo box chained to the rock. Thought to my self what the hell is this the container had something in it. We proceeded to open it. At first we thought it was a first aide kit. Then we opened the box that was in side the ammo box and in had note pads and a few pens. It was a sign in pad for people that have been to this peak and found this box. We read many of the intered posts in the note books some dated as far back as 1987. It was cool to have found this. I had read about such things but thought to myself who in the world would find a tiny box in all the riding area that we ride. Any way if you find it sign in as we will be going back in a few months to see if anybody has signed in after us. :cry: :cry:

It's probably what they call a letter box. Believe it or not, there's boxes like this all over the world. Go to:

www.leterboxing.org

I actually just recently learned about them. I've taken my kids on a couple of searches and found 3 or 4 within a 10 minute drive of my house!

Actually this was on the northern side of Jawbone about 10 miles from the black water pipe.

The black pipe is the original LA aqueduct the white pipe is the new aqueduct. so how far north from jawbone do you go before you head east past the pipe?