Sign in to follow this  

Camping Question

If I am somewhere like Woodland Park, will it be obvious where I can or can't camp overnight? And how would I find out if it's okay to have a campfire or not? Sorry if these are remedial questions to you coloradoans, but I haven't had any real camping experience.

It will be obvious :cry: As for camp fires, if you are not in a designated camp site, don't plan on one. There are also restrictions to fires and they can change fast. Haven't been to Woodland Park since the Hayman fire so don't know about any changes there. Check the Department of Parks and Recreation, Department of Wildlife for more information. Hope that hepls a little, and enjoy your stay! :cry: :cry:

call this forestry service number 719.636.1602. There are no fire restrictions and as far as I know you can camp anywhere that doesn't having a camping restriction sign.

Their are some decent campsites up FR 348 which is kind of

east of woodland park close to rampart range road.

Also, hunting season has started but is only bow season. I think early october they break out the firearms so use some common sense if your back in the woods. Have fun.