Keep blowing fork seals on my 01 WR

Next time it happens take a good qaulity business card and slide it up and under the fork seal. Slide it in as far as you can and still hang on to it easily. Now work your way around the fork slowly pulling the card out as you go around. You may be getting dirt particles in there and changing seals when there s nothing wrong with them. Now get something to keep the dirt away from the seals.

Yes, I replaced the dust seal/oil seal/slider each time.

I have only tied the bike down in the back of my truck 1 time since the last replacement.

I tried the business card trick, no go....

I am starting to wonder if I have a bent tube or scratches on it. The suspension does not seem to 'stick' like a bent tube.

If it has a scratch on it, I guess this could be happening. Has anyone ever had their tubes re-coated?

A couple of things.

The card trick has worked for me for about 3 years now I have not replaced a fork seal and was doing a couple sets a year before. I put lots of hours on a bike in a year.

A scratch is a possiblity.

Maybe you are damaging the new seals when you are putting them in. If it seals for a few rides then leaks I would say that the scratch or damage during install are not vaild arguments.

Are you riding in a new area that may have really abrasive dust?

or... you are tieing your bike down too snug.

This is a myth. There is no extra built up pressure on the seals when you compress the forks. The oil acts as a damper in the fork, limiting the speed of the compression through flow restriction (valves). The springs offer the compression resistance. After your forks are warm, though, you can bleed the air out of them, that would help somewhat, from what I've heard. ?

Can you be more specific about which Honda bike we can interchange the fork seals ?

I don't know what bike they were originally for. Last time I wanted to replace seals, I went to the local red shop, and asked them for some that would fit my '98 WR400.

Dude goes back into the warehouse, and comes out with a full set.

I am somewhat flabberghasted, and said "you have some in stock?"

He laughed, and said "would it be better if we ordered you up some? Probably be here next week!"

I think that the diameter of the fork tube is the only thing that really matters, and they should know what they are.

Honda bikes don't "weep" like the blue ones, and I think the seals are the difference.

?