Sign in to follow this  

Fugly BMW?

That's a little too "Akira" for me! I do like the full-fairing version in silver/black. I think my next street purchase will be a sport-touring bike. :cry:

wallpaper1800x600.jpg

I see the 280 Pro in your sig, did you get it?

It will be here on Thurday or Friday via Forward Air. This is going to be a painful wait! :cry:

Europeans sometimes hit the mark big time and sometime miss it big time. I put this one in the later category. I appreciate the technology (no telescopic fork etc.) but the styling is fugly to me. What do you think?

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/18september04_bmw_k1200r.htm

Kelly

yeh, its disgusting as half-decayed apple pie with maggots all over!

Every time I say this I'm shocked but I agree with JL. That was the ulgliest BMW to date. This one's not great either.

The stupid Truimph Speed Triple ranks right up there as well. Looks like the bike was just about done when somebody had an oh $hit we forgot the head light.

This one looks to me like they said “hey we need a standard” and ripped the fairing off. Not to graceful in my opinion. Looks unfinished. The full faired version is a thing of beauty. I have ridden a RS1100 with the telelever front end and love it. This is a new design even further removed from forks and I have to say about time.

My uncle has a 03 1200RS he is trying to sell but I think this one even with the fairings is uglier than his. They all said this was going to give the Busa some competition but I would take a Hayabusa any day over this thing. The look nicer they appear to still be faster. I love the Hayabusa but think this thing is ugly both versions. Of course I didn't like my uncles either becasue I think people buy them so it looks like they have a sport bike and they ride no where near how a sportbike does. He says the front is really too heavy to do a wheelie on it. Of course he also bought an 04 R1 for stuff like that and ordered some 1300 FJR or something to replace his BMW.

aw come on! how can you say that! James Bond jumped a helicopter on one of these! with a passenger! HANDCUFFED!!! :cry:

Whoa! That's definitely the ugliest modern motorcycle I've ever seen, although the cruiser in Jl's post is a distant second. In my humble opinion BMW does traditional sleek bikes and cars very well indeed, but dance to a way different drummer when they try to appeal to "American" or Cruiser tastes. :cry: :cry: :cry::lol::cry: :cry:

The first BMW looks like a BORG prop out of a Star Trek episode.

Not as ugly as the one John found.

That looks like a VW beatle humped a Harley and this popped out.

Nah that bike loks clean, I like it

here is the ugliest Bmeer I have ever seen

base_white_aluminum_metallic.jpg

hear the same thing all the time; they make a mechanically sound bike but, they look like a bag of hammered [@#$%&*!]

Some of you guys are knocking (John L) the R1200c. That picture does not do it justice. I have one and have added items like a windshield, saddle bags etc that make this bike look like a true cruiser. Bone stock the bike is not the best, but dress it up a bit and it looks good.

Also, If you have ever ridden a BMW , it rides like a dream. Very comfortable for cruising and ......anti lock brakes. Can't beat that.

MIR