ATTN: James Dean

Can you read this post and let me know about the needle question at the end. Barton answered it pretty good but I need to know how to decide on what to change(ie Diameter of needle, taper, etc). I think that my bike needs a little more tuning on the needle. The pilot circuit is working good and the top pulls like mad. It feels like my bike is a 2 stroke. Doggy and then WHAM it takes off!

03WR250f Can model w/ US exhaust and GYTR insert.

Pilot 42

Pilot Air 75

Main 172

Needle OBELP 2nd clip

Leak 70 going to a 50 to try and fix bog.

Starter jet 72 (What does this jet do?)

Would I be better off just getting a JD Jet Kit and run what you advise rather than trying out Yamaha needles? Is it just the needles that are different in the kit or are there other Jets as well?

Thanks

Would I be better off just getting a JD Jet Kit and run what you advise rather than trying out Yamaha needles?

Do I have to answer that? The kit needles have more tapers and are custom made to give improved jetting.

The jetting you posted is very good for a stock combination. If you wanted the US model jetting, you MUST change both the needle and main jet together. That is why the US WR250 has a #185 (to match the needle).

The kit has needles and main jets to give you more options and fine-tune.

You will need to purchase the #50 leak jet from Yamaha if you want to compare. It is a personal preference in the area of leak jets.

Thanks,

James