Sign in to follow this  

blue loctite?

Am going to change front and rear sprockets. Auto parts store doesn't have any red "loctite" but had only blue so I picked it up. Will this be good enough. The posts said to use red on the CS nut and splines so I'm wondering if I the blue will hold?

Thanks,

Paul

Yeah my local Lowes had some red and thats all I saw but they may have had others and picked it up not for my bike but to put the liscense plate on my trailer because everytime after using the trailer the nuts would be almost to the end of the bolt holding the plate on. Well I put some of this stuff on and it is not coming off. I hope I never have to change the plate becasue I think I will have to replace the braket or take a torch to it to get it off. This stuff keeps nuts on thats for sure. I was told by my uncle that his dad has had to use his torch to cut stuff off that he has put it on before.

Thanks Burned,

Will it not hold at all or should I just wait to get the red? Despite the fact that they didn't have any red, I don't own a torch to heat it up to get the nut off. So that was 2 strikes against me. The blue said at least I could just use my existing tools to get it off. I figured that it was better than nothing....but, now I guess nothing was better right?