Sign in to follow this  

bike hauler help

I am looking at getting a motojack and I am wondering if anyone out there has used 1 for any length of time and if so an opinion on likes/dislikes. I know the TT has the sarge hauler but am looking for the hydraulic lift which looks nice. any help would be appreciated....

Get a small trailer instead. My buddy bought one of those about the same time I bought a 4x8 folding trailer. He paid about the same as my trailer I think. By the way, he now owns a trailer also. I haven't seen him use the bike hauler in over a year. Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear. Just trying to help.

damn,,,My problem is the fact that I need it for the RV and it is hard to see the bike or the trailer behind my 8 ft wide RV. can't even see if I have a flat etc. HMMMM what a bummer.. :cry:

The UltimateMxHauler works for me. I've used it so far 'bout a half dozen times and haven't had any problems with it. Alot easier to drive with compared to a trailer, and easier to store as well. Get a trailer if you're haulin' more than one bike. Other than that, I think it's a great investment, especially if you have a suv or the like. The UltimateMxHauler is basically a beefed up and much improved MotoJackRack for about the same price I believe.

JMO,

Dave

Get the moto jack rack and feelconfident you are handled. Just make sure you do use the one tiedown to keep the front end from flopping all over the place. That's one sweet setup and one that when you look at it you'll think now why didn't I think of that. prairiedawg :cry:

Thanks prairiedawg,,,thats what i wanted to hear,,,,that it works, don't have time to worry agout something falling off of that 32 ft long beast i have. By the way I was in pueblo riding all over that 4000 acre park you have off of 50 by the lake last weekend, wide open kinda a hoot to ride,,get to stretch the bikes legs a little. Let me know if your ever free and will meet ya there and ride a little and slam a few brewhahas....thanks for the input...clark

I'm cool to ride anytime but I can't drink. The methadone I'll be on for the rest of my life is not a good drug to mix with even a single beer. I miss a few beers after a ride too. I'll check my pm's when you are headed down and try to be there. I'll just have to drink diet pepsi is all. Such is life. Oh well. prairiedawg :cry: :cry:

that ultimatemxhauler looks great, i had a cheapo rail type one, but it didn't like bumpy roads :cry: ...

95_IMG_9679.jpg

luckily the bike was actually still attached to the rack, but i lost 4 months off my lifespan when i looked back and didn't see my DRZ :cry:

i have a trailer now, but if i only needed to haul one bike i'd still consider one of the -better- hitch mounted ones.

I spent a few hours reading reports, on TT and elsewhere. It seemed that most enterprising sorts modded the MotoJackRack to be more like the MX Hauler, what with the poly pads, front-end tie-down hook, etc. The MotoJackRack is very nice, but apparently the MX Hauler is just more better, if you will.

So, I just plunked down for the MX Hauler. Twisted Grip will give you 10% off for registering, my delivered price was $307 and change. It should be here in a week or so.

This is a good thread... I put my bikes on my utility trailer. I got a rack from Chaparral Motor Sports that bolts the front rail of my pickup box trailer and it works very well for securing three motorcycles. I then towed all of them cross country without a concern.

As I understand it this MX hauler hooks into your class 3 reciever type hitch. My question is this: Does it need to be a Class three hitch? Or would this work on a reciever hitch that is on the front of a large Pickup say an F350 or so. Or would the DRZ be obstructing the view to much.

Eric

I have a ultimate MX hauler and have not used it yet...I can grab the rear fender and push down and OFF GOES THE BIKE!! Not really interested in loosing the DRZ at 70 on the freeway. I wasted 300 dollars!!!

How do you attach the DRZ to the hauler? The pictures look like the vertical rod with threads goes through the footpegs. My footpegs are not hollow. They have rubber in the center. Do you remove the rubber to haul or have you removed it anyway for riding?

No rubber!

And in addition to my last post...I have the new and improved MX hauler...Its not a rail platform, like the pics on the website, its a solid plate. I called MX hauler and he said to either modify to make it work or he will send me the old style. The bolts for the skid plate make a great pivot point. So I guess I will drill a few holes and see what I can break, so maybe not a waste after all!!

damn,,,My problem is the fact that I need it for the RV and it is hard to see the bike or the trailer behind my 8 ft wide RV. can't even see if I have a flat etc. HMMMM what a bummer..

I love my MotoJackRack. Here is my rig

tahalulahfalls04.jpg