Sign in to follow this  

some pics of my 81 dr500

this was my pops dr500. bought it new left over in 82.one of his all time favorite trail bikes except for the junky carb.i dug it out for jr to ride.installed a drz S model carb and its like a whole new bike.my dad would have never parked it in favor of a newer ride if it has this carb.

pretty clean for being 23 years old eh? :cry:

gotta ditch the blue bars though! :cry:

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

:cry: :cry: trust me im tempted to make it a racer.it runs pretty well.

we didnt have a great weekend at the national.i tore second gear out of my 650 and my brother had a bad get off and banged up his knee pretty bad. :cry:

no,those guys are crazy.no side cars for us.

a monster square edge hole developed at the bottom of a big down hill.he was trying to seat bounce the hole and make the 90 degree corner at the bottom.didnt work so well. :cry:

I've always wanted to do Milliken. But I'm usually in CA at my office this time of year. Don't have to go this year so I put it on my schedule but my daughter decided to get really sick in July so no big trips outside of the Regional stuff. (I have to be at those.)

Maybe next year. :cry:

Damn, thats a nice bike. I remember seeing these in the mags back then. Great pic. I'll bet that thing rips! Does it have a 4-valve head? Suzuki had nice combustion chambers on their early GS sport bikes, which they probably adapted their large off-road thumper.

I say no way a DR500 will out run an 83/84 XR00R with a pipe, open air box and jetting.

this was my pops dr500. bought it new left over in 82.one of his all time favorite trail bikes except for the junky carb.i dug it out for jr to ride.installed a drz S model carb and its like a whole new bike.my dad would have never parked it in favor of a newer ride if it has this carb.

pretty clean for being 23 years old eh? :)

gotta ditch the blue bars though! :D

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

Why can't I see it......BC :)