Sign in to follow this  

Dual rear shock Thumpers

I didnt even know Suzuki made a DR500 until someone posted a pic, I kinda like it. Did Kawasaki make anything? I know they make the KLR but what year did they start? Anything old? I have 3 TT500's, 2 XL500R's and a XR500R. The Honda's are monoshock but still pretty old.

If all of your Hondas are monoshock, then the XL500 is at least an '82, and the XR500 is at least an '81. I have an '80 XL500S, and a '79 XR250, they are both a dual rear shock setup.

The Yamaha HL500 was the long travel twin shock MX bike developed in Europe for Yamaha in the late 70's. They all had highly modified TT500 engines, trick frames, and works YZ running gear. There was even a four valve head. Only a few heads were cast, and they have long since become the stuff of legends. Ricky Johnson rode a very trick one here in the states. I think it sold recently for over $25,000. VMX magazine has done many articles on original HLs and and the many replicas. Lots of pictures/info on the web. Surf away!

:cry: :cry:

Did Kawasaki make anything? I know they make the KLR but what year did they start?

I'm not sure when they started, but I started out enduro competition on a 1979 Kawasaki KLX 250. Had a hot cam and some sick aftermarket remote-reservior dual shocks. Gave it up when the KDX 200 made the scene.