Sign in to follow this  

Engine builders (Honda CRF450) on East Coast???

I have an 03 CRF450 and need to have the cases split to find the cause of the flakes on my oil filter, any of you guys know of anyone that specializes or has a CRF race team. I had a "local shop" do the top end (piston, valves, cam, etc.) last winter and have no interest in having them do this again. I am looking for advice for someone really good.

Mid-Atlantic Cycles in Hickory Md. 410-420-1800 or WRS Racing in Red Lion Pa. 717-246-1554. They're both motocross racing specialty shops, not dealers.

Hey scott what kind of work does Wrs do there not to far from me are they reasonable ? thanks Rick

Not sure what you mean by "what kind of work do they do" but they specialize in motocross racing bikes and also do work on some street bikes now and then. They do PA state inspections and sell accessories and parts. Also have a nice little store area with lots of stuff to spend money on. The owner John Wernsdorfer still races motocross in the senior A class on a yz250f and really knows his stuff. Their shop is well organized and looks very professional. It's not a little hillbilly works on dirtbikes place. Their prices are competitive with dealerships but you get way better quality work. They do everything from total engine rebuilds to minor tuning. I do all my own mechanical work but would not hesitate to have them rebuild an engine for me.