Sign in to follow this  

Two stroke forums

I wholeheartedly endorse this idea, for a few reasons:

1. It's what I ride. Ok, that's not much of a reason.

2. Most of you have (or have had in the past) a 2 stroke of some sort. You can contribute input into jetting, etc.

3. The collective knowledge pool here is extremely valuable. (E.G. See Item 2)

4. It's about our sport as a whole, not to be divided amongst ourselves. I'm not a big activist, but I've experienced the loss of riding areas first-hand, and we all must be as one.

Just my two cents.

I am for it also. I ride both 2 and 4 strokes and love them both! Be nice to have both on one site.

This is being discussed in the suggestions forum right now!

i feel that it would a good idea to have a two stroke form

some people here have both bikes so why not make an area for them so they dont have to be going to another place to get some info

just my thoughts... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

some forum name ideas:

a) Double Talk

:cry: Dual Stroke

c) half-a-thump

d) thumpless

e) premix rides (or riders)

Build it and they will come. There are seperate boards out there for lots of specific models, like KTMtalk for KTM's. Thumpertalk's niche is 4 strokes. Somebody just needs to be motivated enough to quit talking about it here and go do it.

I read through a long debate on this in the suggestion forum, I believe it was Yamaha.Dude that said something to this effect:

TT is the best 4 stroke forum because it sticks to its guns and does what it does best. Once you start deriving from the greatness that is TT you might blemish it.

You cant please all of the people any of the time so you might as well please those that you have already.

His was probably better written and made more sense, but that is the jist of it. I agree with him.

I ride only 2 strokes and I too want a smoker talk message board with as much quality as TT, but I havnt found one and really dont want to change what I have here.

Later,

Dan

The point is this: The collective knowledge pool is the benefit of websites like this. All it needs to be is one little corner of the place. Not some big new addition. I know the majority of you have them, or have previously in the past.

There are CR500 boards, and those are fine for me and my bike. But if I want to survey a wider group about something (like new boots or a public riding area, for example) this is the place to do it because there are more people here who can contribute.

The CR500 boards are model-specific , and thus don't have the large numbers of contributors as this general forum does.

I'm all for it, as I've said in other posts.

And as another member pointed out in one of these debates... To call a ttr125 a thumper, but not a cr500 or atk700 is lunacy.

Knowledge is a good thing to have.. And I don't have near as much as I want regarding 2 stroke motors... I wanna learn more... And that'd be real easy to do if TT had a 2 stroke forum. :cry:

I would love to see a smoker forum on TT....But...

I have come to the conclusion that the death toll would staggering. I just don't think the owners would want the possible liabilities of the mass suicides that would take place when some of the addicts saw a smoker forum on their beloved site. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have concluded that there is already a two stroke forum on TT. It is cleverly disguised. They have named it GENERAL. I quote: " If your topic is not make/model specific, but still related to motorcycling, please post it here "

So now everyone who owns/uses 2 strokes can post there and do your searches there etc.

And there shall be so great a cry throughout all the land that you shall truly let my people go...

Two stroke lovers your prayers have been answered and the secret truth revealed unto you. Go run free under the GENERAL forum.

I have concluded that there is already a two stroke forum on TT. It is cleverly disguised. They have named it GENERAL. I quote: " If your topic is not make/model specific, but still related to motorcycling, please post it here "

So now everyone who owns/uses 2 strokes can post there and do your searches there etc.

And there shall be so great a cry throughout all the land that you shall truly let my people go...

Two stroke lovers your prayers have been answered and the secret truth revealed unto you. Go run free under the GENERAL forum.

Sort of.

I have posted about my 2 smoke and havnt got any negative feedback yet, but Im sure if general was flooded with questions about 2 smokers people might get a bit irritated. This IS a 4 stroke forum after all, I just return here because the people seem to be cool.

I am rather knowledgable about 2 strokes anyways, if anyone has questions Id be glad to throw my 2cents in. Just pm me. Although, carbuerators seem to be my weak spot, it is a long line of trial and error on those damn things !

I probably am not making sense becuase i have drank alittle bit and its starting to kick in :cry:

Later,

DAn

So, are you implying that in GENERAL, your discussions can be about anything related to motorcycling but you cannot state what spicific make or model you are discussing? So what do you do, throw hints, clues, and hope others can figure what the heck your talking about?