Sign in to follow this  

Does this make sense?

I put a post in the "General" section talking about MXA magazines last two issues referencing how 2 strokes were more fun than 4 strokes. To my surprise, any agreed with MXA. Is it really possible to be faster on a 4 stroke, but have more fun on a 2 stroke? I always have the most enjoyment(fun)while riding the most comfortable bike. I guess my mind just doesn't procees information in this manner..:cry:

I personally find 4-strokes a more comfortable bike myself. I owned a 2001 YZ125 for 2 years and loved it to death, but being that I live in florida I have to be on the gas and clutch constantly. I sold my 125 for a yamaha 250F and loved the fool out of it even better. I guess it just depends on your personal prefrences. Im about 6'2" 180lbs, so the torque from the 250F helps and I felt a little more comfortable on the 250F in the air also. I still wish I had my 125 just for the track every once in awhile, being able to hold that sucker wide open all over the track brings back fun memories.

I tried doing the 250F and 250 2 stroke combo platter myself. I couldn't do it. Too much differences to keep swapping back and forth.

Most people switch to four-strokes because they are faster and easier to ride, and for some, because they get way better gas mileage...which is good for when your out on the trail. Alot of people think that two-strokes are more fun to ride because you have to constantly stay on the power, and when you do...well, it IS alot of fun. I prefer four-strokes because they last longer and are more reliable. The only real con four-strokes have is that when you blow it up it will cost you a sh!tload of greenbacks to fix, when compared to a two-stroke.

I still wish I had my 125 just for the track every once in awhile, being able to hold that sucker wide open all over the track brings back fun memories.

Thats exactly how I feel.

I don't think its weird to say that 2 strokes are more fun to ride, because they are.

But, a 4 stroke is ALOT better bike to race, ALOT better.

I don't really agree with saying a 2 stroke is more maintenance, I've seen 2 strokes last a looong time. Plus the motors are so simple that it doesn't scare you, and you know what to expect.

I find two strokes are more fun to ride, for a little while. The sound, the clutching, powering out of corners full throttle, it's all a lot of fun. But then I hop on my four stroke and fall in love again. But don't get me wrong, they are a lot of fun, but they take a lot of energy compared to four strokes.

One of the reasons 4-strokes are a better bike to race is because they have twice the cc'age as the 2-strokes. If thumpers didn't have the extra cc's the thumpers would be left in the dust. And I think the overall torque that the thumpers have over the 2strokes is a huge advantage.

two strokes are fun if you enjoy having to mix gas and oil EVERY time you want to ride. i on the other hand enjoy just to fill and go. see my friends and i all ride thumpers except one for one of my friends hes the lone 2 smoker. we are tring to convert him and i think hes going to come around any time now that his motor just blew after only 18 months of riding :cry: :cry:

How much fun will a 2 smoke be to ride when it has to sit in the garage for most of the year cause it isn't allowed anywhere but the race track.

Already seeing them banned at a few places here in WA.