Sign in to follow this  

HELP!!!! Clutch Hub Nut Removal

If you give us a little more info, you may just get your question answered.. :cry: :cry:

ok...1st, from now on when u want advice, its a lot easier if you give the model and make as well as the year...just makes it easier for people to help out...

also, if your talking about a crazy nut that looks a little like a ninja star (best way i know how to describe it), on an old 74 Honda that i put a new clutch in, it was threaded like any other normal nut...if your having trouble getting it out and dont have the special tool, i just grinded a 7/8 socket and the thing fit like a glove...but u gotta do it right...hope this helps :cry:

Typically they are right handed and have a retaining tabbed washer. You need to bend the tabs away from the nut and hit that sucka with an air wrench. :cry:

:usa:Thanks for the replies. This is for a 2000 Indian. The clutch hub needs replaced. I just want to know if it is still left hand thread or have they changed it with the newer year models? This is a friends bike that I am fixing, not my own. Thanks!

A 2000 Indian would be the same as a Harley Evolution Big Twin if I'm not mistaken, so you may try finding a forum similar to TT for H-D's.