Sign in to follow this  

New cam for ttr-125

Hey i have a 2002 ttr125 with a white bros r4 exaust, airbox mod, 14/47 sprocket combo, and rejetted....i was thinking of buying a Hotcam for it....142$...is it worth it? it said it vastly improves midrange and top end power...and it is compaticable with stock valve springs and rockers....ne advice? also is it worth the time and money to shave the flywheel? thx

Yes, both mods are very much worth it. Go with a bigger airfilter to really see the benefits. The cam should be used w/ the heavier Barnett springs (or BBR's). Big bore gets the most HP w/ your mods. You've got the best pipe already. Light porting helps a lot and well as the XR200 or YZ80 carb mods.

:cry: hey thx for the advice. but i didnt get ne info about the flywheel shaved....im a trail rider that gets on the road a lil to play around but mostly trail rider some ppl says it stalls more easily but r they talking about wnhen its a high gear? or like when u pin down on the throttle?. also is it still ok to use the hotcam even if i dont get bbr springs? :cry:

if you shave the flywheel you want be able to lug the bike around as much. you know how when you let off the gas and are just going real slow in any gear around a turn and you dont need to use the clutch or shift? Or how you can make the bike move at walking speed? stuff like that is what the flywheel is all about. Shaving it in my opinion is taking away the heart and soul of the bike. It will be more like a 2 stroke down low and will stall easy when just putting around. If you ride trails then you shouldnt do it. If you want more quick pep then go right ahead. :cry: