Sign in to follow this  

1986 CR125R shock.

Does anyone know if a 1986 CR125R rear shock will fit on the CRF150F. I found one for $10 that has just recently been rebuilt and works like new. It has a remote resivor on it along with a new spring. Do any of you know if it will fit or will it be too long. And if its to long what can i do to fix it. :cry: :cry:

I don't have your answer, but I do have a question. What are you looking for in suspension? Is your suspension to soft?...beefen it up a little bit. It doesn't sound like you need a CR125 shock in your bike.

i have the BBR rear spring but i want something else. Its just too stiff for my liking. I race track iand i weigh 170. I just want this because i can set the preload and sag and all that stuff.

There is only one way to find out and for $10 I would say go for it. Buy it and stick it on. If it is to long it is no big deal you can either have the shaft shortened or redrill the clevis. If it is too short it just won't work. The 125 spring ratio might be okay to. I know the CR80 stuff works great on my bike but you do need to have it revalved and resprung for your weight and riding style but it is well worth it! :cry:

I know the CR80 stuff works great on my bike but you do need to have it revalved and resprung for your weight and riding style but it is well worth it! :cry:

what all did you do to the cr80 shock to make it work? I've got a line on a freebie but in my experience freebies can get expensive.

sorry about the weight. Im actually 145lbs. :cry: Im not sure what i was thinking. Pete at powroll said it should bolt right up. And for $10-$20 its a pretty good deal.