Sign in to follow this  

Subframe bent

I took a digger and bent my subframe. Does anyone know where I can get one online? I tried a few of my regular places and none of them had a listing for one.

Welcome to the club. Mine got bent when I crashed and was run over. I looked all over for a stronger aftermarket subframe but came up empty. I bought a Honda unit at Service Honda. Good service and the best price that I found. Good luck!

If you don't want to pay the big bucks for a sub frame from honda I would reccomend Ebay. As far as aftermarket sub frames try AC racing. I bough one from AC a few years ago for my yz and its good quality. Either that or don't crash

http://acracing.com/site/index.cfm

Also if you know anyone who welds and has a TIG welder i would see about putting in a few gussets in the corners of the subframe. It makes the sub frame structure ALOT stronger and more impact resistent.

Try bending it back first. I took a bad fall and the sub frame was tweaked really bad, really really bad. After finding out how much it cost, I tried to bend it back for about three hours and found the magic way- get a 8 foot 2x4 and a friend to hold the bike. take off the seat and rear fender, then wedge the 2x4 at the end of the frame and start tweaking it back. slowly but surley your sub-frame will be like new. :cry:

I just helped a friend straighten his this past weekend, granted it wasn't wadded up that bad but he was ready to fork out the cash for a new one with out even trying to straighten it.

It took 3 of us and a 1/2 hour of tweeking but it's straight.

We used a 10' steel fence post.

If you don't want to pay the big bucks for a sub frame from honda I would reccomend Ebay. As far as aftermarket sub frames try AC racing. I bough one from AC a few years ago for my yz and its good quality. Either that or don't crash

http://acracing.com/site/index.cfm

Also if you know anyone who welds and has a TIG welder i would see about putting in a few gussets in the corners of the subframe. It makes the sub frame structure ALOT stronger and more impact resistent.

I recently bent mine and was looking for an aftermarket solution. I'm sorry to say the comments I saw on the AC Racing subframes were about 90% bad. Many of the complaints were about the inserts stripping out and spinning (where you bolt the seat, side panels and airbox to it), others claimed things didn't line up correctly. A couple people were happy with them but most weren't. I bit the bullet and went OEM, so I can't comment from personal experience on the ACs, just passing along the results of my research. It's a shame, with Honda gouging us so badly for an OEM unit, there's a huge market for a decent quality, reasonably-priced aftermarket unit.

Thanks for the info, matte. The bend isn't too bad so I'll try to get it out with brute force before forking out the bread.

Go slow. I tried this on an 01 CR250 and broke the subframe. If you go to fast it will snap like a twig. :cry: