Sign in to follow this  

Marzocchi "SHIVER" Forks

Hey Burned,

I am curious why these forks would be complete crap if the Zoke shivers are considered high end forks for the Supermoto crowd, when properly setup?

McGrath, Lee, Ward, Henry, Metz I believe are running the black Zokes (shiver models).

I am not looking to argue, I really want your feedback since without a doubt you seem to have these bikes down to a science.

-MW

those are better,but still left over cannondale parts.they are ohlins,but not the "works" ohlins that are drooled over.

regardless,the clamps needed wont be a bolt on deal.

Now I'm afraid to ask. The Gasgas 450 is supposed to be light and trick for '05. They come with the Marzocchi's as well.

Eddie, what is your opinion of the GG? I think I know how you feel about the forks. I am checking out out new bike for for next year know nothing about the fuel injection etc.

i really have no opinion on it as i havent ridden one.

marzocchi forks can be made good,but better than showa or kayaba they are not.

the fuel injection on the gas gas will make it or break it.reliability.......

Thanks for the quick reply. I am checking out the new Huskies as well. Out here, KTM is like owning a Harley Davidson. Almost any weekend you go to the woods (close to the parking lot) half of all the bikes are KTM (woods choppers). They are a decent bike mechanically. The Linkless suspension doesn't feel as good as my senior scooter and they don't quick steer in the tight stuff like the old KLX. The new 450 GG claims a ready-to-go with no gas weight of 248 lbs. Real attractive when you have to drag the bike off the hill upside down. If I could get the KLX that light, I'd go green again. Mine is 273 with no fuel.

those are better,but still left over cannondale parts.they are ohlins,but not the "works" ohlins that are drooled over.

yeah but they still look yummy.

regardless,the clamps needed wont be a bolt on deal.

yeah, i was tempted by the forks on ebay, but the fitting issues could be a pain in the ass. i think the best option is to get some RM 125/250 forks and have them worked up. seems like any easier item to bolt on with a new set of triples.

hey burned, do you know what year USD 250 forks are better than others? are the 125 forks the same with just different spring rates - which wouldn't matter if i were to take them straight to Lindenman?

cheers

droo